What is Really Safe In Pregnancy
I was actually surprised when I read this article. Although I didn't avoid peanut butter (it was a quick snack when I was famished), but I did avoid lunch meat. This article addresses some of the do's and don'ts in pregnancy and whether they are based on true risk. Read more:“Many women come in and say, ‘I heard I should avoid lunch meat and peanut butter,’” Acuna said. “Those are not based on any factual information.”
See also: www.getpregnantover40.com for more on pregnancy, fertility, miscarriage over 40 or any age
The concern about peanuts or peanut butter is that eating them would increase the baby’s chance of picking up the allergies. It’s not based on enough science, she said. With lunch meat, she said to just make sure that it is reasonably fresh.
The most important thing for women to do during pregnancy is to take a prenatal vitamin, Acuna said.
“It’s shown to prevent birth defects,” she said. “That’s an important thing that women may or may not know.”
from:
bataviasuntimes.com