Women Who Have A Baby In Their 40's Are Often Criticized
Yes, I've read all the articles out there about women in their 40's and how they are selfish to have babies. However, the argument that they won't be around to see their children grow up doesn't have any basis in fact. Women who have their first child over the age of 40 are four times more likely to live to be 100 than women who have their children young. I can certainly speak for myself, I'm much more patient than I would have been if I had my child when I was in my 20's.Additionally, if you raise your children right, they're easier to raise. There is less "acting out" when I child feels loved and paid attention to.
_________________
Need more encouragement if you're trying to conceive over 40? Visit www.getpregnantover40.com
_______________
Women Over 40 Are Better Mothers and More Financially Secure
Much research out there shows that women who have their first baby over 40 are more attentive to their children, more patient, and are more financially secure. All of these things help to make a better and more secure life for children. Although this article does give a little of the "doom and gloom" about older motherhood, most women in their 40's who have babies wouldn't trade it for the world. Read more:Often much of that life experience is in the office, which makes late mothers a special case. In his new book, How not to F... them up” clinical psychologist Oliver James divides mothers into three groups: Organisers, Huggers and Fleximums. There are advantages and disadvantages to each approach, but the Organisers (often late mothers) come across as a joyless bunch of careerists, who treat babies as projects to be organised and managed much like a loft extension.
Even James concedes that late motherhood can work well for babies: “There is evidence that older parents are better parents: they relate well to their babies and toddlers, they provide better discipline, and the outcomes are better. It’s not surprising because the later you marry (with the exception of older women who choose toy boys), the less likely you are to get divorced or separate. They also really appreciate their babies, and if they return to work, can afford good nannies.” (telegraph.co.uk)