Pregnancy Over 40, Bond With Your Baby
I remember talking to my daughter when I was pregnant.My husband probably thought I was crazy, but I would frequently rub my belly and talk in a high voice to her. I'm convinced that this really helped us to bond before and after birth. Here an article with 15 ways to bond with your baby:
Here are a few from the site:
- When you feel the slightest butterfly feeling (as we do in the early, early months), touch your belly and talk to your baby. Let her know you felt it, and that you acknowledge her presence. It feels SO good to baby!
- At night, when you are going to sleep, touch and rub your belly, and talk to your baby. Talk about what you did or how it felt to have him with you all day. Talk about having a “wonderful night sleep, resting, growing, and feeling loved.”
- Play gentle, soothing music while you are going to sleep. If you play a special soft, relaxing music while you lay down to sleep every night with your baby, she WILL remember the music. It may not be a conscious memory where she can tell you why that music feels good to her (i.e. she “remembers” it in the womb), but she will gravitate towards it. (And, do not be surprised if your kids DO remember the music is from the womb! We remember everything.) My kids still LOVE the music I played during pregnancy. And, what an awesome opportunity that has been for me to remind them how much I loved and enjoyed them during pregnancy. (And I recommend playing the same music after birth. They love it; it is soothing as they transition into this new world.)