Pregnancy over 40, Autism and Genetics
I have a cousin who I think is autistic. His parents (my aunt and uncle) never have actually come and said that he has it, however, from what I've read, he exhibits many of the behaviors associated with autism.My site: www.getpregnantover40.com
Because I know that autism can run in families I worried about my own baby. I am grateful every day that my daughter doesn't have autism, however, here is an article about how researchers may have found a chromosomal link. Read more:

"No one knows the cause, but a study published in the journal Nature Genetics on Sunday found one gene and one stretch of previously unsuspected DNA on chromosome 11 that might be involved.
Advocates have been clamoring for health officials to say there is an autism epidemic. Weeks ago, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published its first national survey on the prevalence of autism and related disorders. It found that one in 150 children have an autism spectrum disorder -- more than most experts had believed.
Kimmell is not surprised, but she is also not sure this means autism has become more common in recent years.
Many experts believe that autism is being diagnosed more now because people are looking for it."
From: Genetic study offers answers to autism families
By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor