Wednesday, May 27, 2015

PREGNANCY OVER 40, HOW MY PAST LED TO DELAYED MOTHERHOOD

Pregnancy After 40, Older Women Are Better Mothers

I know many people make a firm decision they won't make the same mistakes with their own children that their parents made with them.   I certainly fall into that category.  Honestly, I think that's why some people want children, they want a chance to "make things right". 

My upbringing was devoid of love and I spent most of my childhood being shuffled to daycare and constantly wondering when I would get even a little one on one time with my parents or just some attention. Well...I never got that alone time with my parents and as I grew older I developed a hard-shell and a attitude of "who needs 'em anyway?" As a matter of fact, that attitude carried over into my adulthood and manifested itself into non-committed relationships and too much time alone. It wasn't until I was in my upper 30's that I realized I needed to change my attitude and turn my life around.
__________
SEE ALSO: PREGNANCY OVER 40 - MY EXPERIENCE (getpregnantover40.com) 
_________

After I got married I couldn't get pregnant fast enough

 After I met my husband and married, it seemed like the floodgates opened. I became a friendlier person, I attracted more people into my life, and I couldn't seem to get pregnant fast enough (when before the last thing I wanted was children).

So where am I going with all this? I think those of us who finally see the light realize we want to give our children everything we didn't have. I refuse to put my daughter in daycare, I give her almost 100% of my attention, and I hug her and tell her I love her every opportunity. Wow, what a different life I might have had it my mother could have done that with me. If you are one that had the kind of upbringing I did, just know that it is possible to have a good life and break the cycle. You can't change your past, but you can create your future - and it can be the way things should have been. Maybe waiting until I was older to have a child was really a blessing. When I was younger, I didn't have the maturity or life experience to understand that I had the power all along to create the life I wanted for me, and my daughter.