Gender Prediction As Early As 6 Weeks
When I was trying to conceive, I honestly would have taken, a boy, a girl or an alien for that matter.I just wanted a baby. But some women and couples have a strong preference for a boy or a girl. I can't say I totally understand this, but I do know of couples who will keep having babies until they get the gender they want. Of course those of us who start out a little older and/or those of us who struggle to get pregnant don't have the luxury of doing that. I found this article on msnbc.com about a new test that may be able to predict the baby's gender just six weeks into the pregnancy. Of course, you can imagine the ethical issues attached to this one. Read more:
SEE ALSO: ARTICLES ON CONCEIVING AND PREVENTING MISCARRIAGE (getpregnantover40.com)
Test not regulatedParents who order the Pink or Blue test receive a packet where the mother provides a spot of blood on a special card. That is sent back to the company’s laboratories, and within four to six days, the gender of the fetus is revealed with up to 98 percent accuracy if instructions are properly followed, according to DNA Worldwide.
Because the test is marketed as “informational” rather than medical, it is not regulated by health authorities in Britain or abroad.
from:Test can tell baby’s sex 6 weeks into pregnancy