Sunday, September 20, 2015

Caffeine in Pregnancy Doesn't Contribute To Hyperactive Child

Does Caffeine Hurt Pregnancy?

Some studies have associated caffeine with miscarriage, so it's probably a good idea to cut way back or cut it out in pregnancy.   When I was trying to conceive and when I was pregnant, I totally cut caffeine out of my diet.   However, the following study found that caffeine is not associated with  hyperactivity or other behavioral issues.  Read more:


While the research shows that caffeine intake doesn't cause behavior issues in children, it didn't examine any other developmental problems. In April, when researches found that coffee consumption during pregnancy doesn't affect a baby's sleep patterns, experts still maintained that it isn’t wholly safe -– large amounts of caffeine have been linked to miscarriages and lower birth weights. Currently, the ACOG upholds that up to 200 milligrams (an 8-ounce cup of coffee) a day is okay to drink during pregnancy. Anything greater increases likelihood of complications during your pregnancy. 
from: 
huffington post