Sunday, September 6, 2015

Pregnancy, Allergies and Children

Pregnancy Over 40, Allergies and How It May Affect Your Children

I've always been worried that my daughter would inherit my husband's allergies. One weekend, we went to my sister's house and my daughter broke out in a major case of hives when she came in contact with her cat.
See My Site For Foods For Fertility and Pregnancy (www,getpregnantover40.com)
She's been around the cat before, but I've heard that some allergies don't manifest themselves until 2-3 exposures. Anyway, now I'm also wondering if her excema (which she's had for a couple of years now) is somehow related to a food allergy (like dairy).

It's so hard to prevent allergies because you don't know what they're going to be allergic to. Here is an article about childhood allergies and some things you could try even while pregnant or breastfeeding:

Prevention of Allergies and Asthma in Children
From Daniel More, MD (allergies.about.com)